[XeTeX] Using different fonts for devanagari and latin characters

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Sun Feb 12 14:45:48 CET 2012

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> I am not the one who decides what can be included in TL and what
> cannot. Authors can decide how their packages can be used and
> maintainers of distributions have their own right to decide what to
> include. I wanted to write a useful answer explaining why the package
> is not included. I do not wish to start any kind of a flame war
> because I respect both the authors and TL maintainers.

Nor do I, Zdenek; my contribution was meant in exactly the same
spirit as yours.  I sought only to point out that Mike neither
forbids nor discourages redistribution, because in your original
message you had written :

> [ucharclasses]is non-free, you can freely download it from CTAN
> and use it but you are not allowed to distribute it.

and I wanted to point out that the last part was incorrect.

This in no way intended as a flame war, just an attempt
to clarify the situation lest others be discouraged from
distributing an unmodified copy of "ucharclasses", which
as you most correctly point out, is a very useful tool
in one's XeTeX armoury.

** Phil.