[XeTeX] New font from Brill

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Fri Feb 3 12:26:51 CET 2012

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> Unfortunatelly it is not free, it cannot be redistributed and can only
> be used for noncommercial works, thus I cannot use it to typeset a
> book.

I am not sure that you are correct there, Zdeněk.  The fonts are most
certainly free, in the traditional sense of the word, and use in
conjunction with commercial works is permitted provided that permission
is first sought from the publishers, as stated below :

> This Brill Font License allows the licensed fonts to be used by individuals or by institutional customers for non-commercial purposes without charge. Commercial use of any kind, including the embedding of the fonts or part(s) of them in any Commercial Product not published by BRILL is prohibited unless prior written permission has been secured from BRILL; write to brill-typeface-commercial-license at brill.nl should you want to acquire such a permission. None of these fonts may be redistributed to others, nor may they be sold, without prior written consent from BRILL.

It will certain be informative to follow this link and to find out
whether Brill would propose to charge a licence fee for the usage
you have in mind.

Philip Taylor