[XeTeX] xelatex and tikzpicture

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Mon Dec 31 21:44:58 CET 2012

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012, Mike Maxwell wrote:
> > Why are you using "morewrites"?
>
> Because it was running out of places to write to (there's a limit of 16 files,
> I understand) without morewrites.

This seems surprising.  Are you generating a lot of different lists,
table-of-contents kinds of things, indices, and so on?  Usually the limit
of 16 files is plenty.  Combined with the strange errors regarding
interpreting Postscript code, I wonder if those .tex files coming from Dia
are actually using TikZ only incidentally, while doing a lot of
complicated stuff of their own on the side.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before principles.