[XeTeX] typesetting hyphen in xelatex

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Dec 19 16:28:28 CET 2012

I think this entry, from the output of "TeXdoc XeTeX",
is what you are looking for, Sasi :

mapping=<font map>
Uses the specified font mapping for this font. This uses the TECKit engine to
transform unicode characters in the last-minute processing stage of the source.
For example, mapping=tex-text will enable the classical mappings from ugly
ascii ``---'' to proper typographical glyphs “—”, and so on.

Philip Taylor
--------