[XeTeX] Access of vertical CJK fonts preceeding with @

Gerrit z0idberg at gmx.de
Fri Dec 7 09:23:47 CET 2012

Am 07.12.2012 04:57, schrieb Atsuhito Kohda:
> TeX Live 2012 includes pTeX/upTeX so if you can install
> TeX Live 2012 and you don't need to stick to XeTeX,
> I believe pTeX/upTeX would be the best solution for you.
>
> XeTeX is good enough for ordinary Japanese type setting but
> for vertical type setting it is not enough as far as I know.
>
> I guess LuaTeX (or Omega etc.) is practically not usable for
> vertical type setting neither.
>
> I'm very sorry if you need a solution with XeTeX.
>
> Best regards,  	      	     2012-12-7(Fri)
Hello,

The problem is that many Japanese word processors rely on Japanese
encodings, not on Unicode. Because I might want to type some German
characters (äöüß) in the Japanese text, this might be a problem.
But I will give it a try. I guess in the past my Japanese was not good
enough to understand the documentation. Now I might be able to do it.

Thank you.