[XeTeX] Access of vertical CJK fonts preceeding with @

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 6 22:59:06 CET 2012

On 2012-12-06 20:59, Gerrit wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Every (or most) Japanese/Chinese font has a version where everything is
> rotated 90 degrees.
> For example, MS Mincho has a @MS Mincho version.
> If you select that font, you would just have to turn the page by 90° and
> you get a correctly vertically set text.
>
> My most basic example is this:
>
> \documentclass{scrartcl}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setmainfont{MS PMincho}
> \begin{document}
> 日本語
> \end{document}
>
> This works. If I use \setmainfont{@MS PMincho} though, I get many many
> errors (482 to be exact).
> Is there a way to access the font? Is this maybe because the font is
> somehow hidden (You can't see them normally, but e.g. Wordpad shows them).
> Or should I use an Opentype feature instead? I guess that would be
> cleaner, but is there a feature to rotate everything? For me it seems
> that the vert feature etc. only changes some glyphs, and not all of them.

Once I made an overview document of about 160 Japanese fonts, the
punctuation characters they support and their ability to rotate properly.

If you want I can send you the PDF in a personal message. This is still
a document in development. If people are interested in collaborating on
this to finalise it, please let me know too.