[XeTeX] Multilingual verbatim

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 17:14:19 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have a problem that I was unable to solve. I have a document written
in Czech with small samples of texts in Hindi and Urdu. It works fine
with Polyglossia. I wanted to display how a text is entered in an XML
code. It should be shown as verbatim. However, I do not know how to
instruct verbatim to swithc properly the fonts containing the required
scripts. The attached picture shows what I finally achieved by dirty
tricks. Is there a way how to do it properly?

BTW: I am not aware of any monospaced font containing Devanagari and
Arabic. I admit that monospaced Arabic might look ugly.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/