[XeTeX] The future of XeTeX

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Aug 2 00:48:23 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 11:37:31PM +0100, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>   My wondering was more whether what ConTeXt implements was actually
> enough for Urdu (and other languages).  As far as I know Oriental TeX is
> only concerned with Arabic texts.  But it's entirely possible that Urdu
> would just work out of the box with ConTeXt / luaotfload's shaping
> engine.

I remember specifically testing some Nastaliq fonts and Hans fixing some
small issues I found, I just tested again now and IranNastaliq seems to
work (my fork of Nafees Nastaleeq is broken though, but it uses an
OpenType GDEF feature not supported by LuaTeX's font loader, so this is
expected and not even Arabic specific).

Regards,
 Khaled