[XeTeX] The future of XeTeX

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Wed Aug 1 18:17:15 CEST 2012

Keith J. Schultz wrote:

> 	That is probaly teh biggest turn off to LuaTeX.
> 	They should some people in as far as coding is concerned.
> 	The missing documentation is something I would call a cardinal
> 	offense.

For something that is free (in the real sense of the word,
not as some would have us re-define it), can you really complain
if there is no documentation ?  If you /buy/ something, you
can reasonably expect it to (a) work, and (b) be complete.
If you choose to use the work of others, and pay them
not a penny for so doing, then you cannot reasonably consider
any errors of omission or of commission "an offence".

Philip Taylor