[XeTeX] The future of XeTeX

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Wed Aug 1 15:57:14 CEST 2012

On 01.08.2012, at 15:45, Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk> wrote:

> Simon Spiegel wrote:
>
> > And it might be a good idea to come up with ideas how we can find this someone.
>
> "ideas how we can ..." involves discussion, unless you are
> advocating implementation by fiat, which I am sure you are
> not.  So what it would seem you are advocating is that we
> cease technical discussions and move on to personnel
> discussions -- well, I for one am perfectly happy to leave
> the personnel discussion to you and to others : technicalities,
> problems and potential solutions interest me enormously,
> and I am happy to continue to debate those; "who does what"
> is a matter of little or no concern,

I guess it is of little or no concern if you're not interested in actually getting something done. As a user I'm much more interested in how I can get working tools.

But since I'm not interested in proving my own point – that discussions on the future of *TeX tend to drift somewhere where things don't get done –, I'm stopping this here.

Simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.“ General Buck Turgidson