[XeTeX] A special character

Juan Acevedo juan.acevedo at gmx.net
Sun Apr 8 12:40:58 CEST 2012

Nathan,
You can do
\char"10162
which just worked for me using Brill Roman.
You need to make sure the character is present in the font and in the right code point.
If there is a font which you are sure includes the character, but not in its Unicode position,
you can also find out what its Glyph ID (GID) number is, and input it using
\XeTeXglyph####

For example, using the same Brill Roman, you can get what you want using this:
\XeTeXglyph4979

Hope this helps.