[XeTeX] Compatibility issues with ednotes and pstricks or TikZ

Nathan Sidoli nathan.sidoli at utoronto.ca
Thu Sep 22 08:03:40 CEST 2011

Thanks, that works.

Is there anyway to control the placement of the numbers? They look good
besides the introductory material but once the text proper begins, they
are pressed right up against the text.

Here is a minimal example:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{pstricks}
\usepackage{pst-eps}

\usepackage[Bpara,modulo,right,addpageno,perpage,para*]{ednotes}

\modulolinenumbers[5]

\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage[novoc,fdf2noalif]{arabxetex}
\newfontfamily\arabicfont[Script=Arabic,Scale=1.4,WordSpace=2]{Scheherazade}

% To make language switching faster:
% For some reason, \textroman was not working out-of-the-box...
\newcommand{\textroman}[1]{\LR{\rmfamily #1}}
% And we make some short-hands
\newcommand{\R}{\textroman}
\newcommand{\A}{\textarabic}% Lateef, Scheherazade

\makeatletter
\@ifpackageloaded{color}{%
\def\makeLineNumberRight{%
\linenumberfont\hskip-\linenumbersep\hskip-\columnwidth
\hb at xt@\linenumberwidth{\hss\LineNumber}\hss}}{}
\makeatother

\begin{document}

\begin{arab}
\resetlinenumber\pagewiselinenumbers
\rightlinenumbers

\begin{center}
%
\Anote{\A{\notinnote\Huge ktAb fY AlmsA.hT}}{\A{^gzu' fY msA.hT AlAr.dyn
\R{(\textit{rubro col.})}.}}

\medskip
{\Large l|l^sy_h Al`Alm ^s^gA` bn Aslm Alm`rwf b'ab--Y kAml}

\medskip
{\Large r.hmh Al|llh bkrmh}

\medskip
{\Large ^Amyn}

\bigskip
\R{\marginpar{$(93\textsuperscript{\bf v})$}}
bsm Al|llh Alr.hmn Alr.hym \LR{\quad} w.sllY Al|llh `lY syydnA m.hmmd w^Alh

\smallskip
\noindent
qAl ^s^gA` Abn Aslm Alm`rwf b'ab--Y kAml

\bigskip
\centerline{\Large bAb msA.hT Al'ar.dyn}
\end{center}

AmmA m`rfT
\Anote{\A{msA.hT}}{\A{.hsAb}.}
Al'ar.dyn flys ythyya' An
\Anote{\A{yqym}}{\A{nqym.}}
AlbrhAn `lY mA Arsm mnh kmA Aqmt"uh `lY k_tyr mn k"utbY wlw qddmt"u
AlbrhAn `lY mA A_dkrh mnhA lA^gtm`t"u
\Anote{\A{`lY}}{\A{AlY.}}
  k_tyr m|mmA fY $\!\!\rangle$ktAb$\langle\!\!$ Aqlyds wl.tAl AlktAb
w`sr `lY Almt`llmyn A_d knt AnnmA w.d`t"u h_dA AlktAb l|lmbtd'iyn
l|ld_hwl fY h_dh Al.snA`T wAlm.hbbyn lt`llmhA wAnnmA ArwY mA Arsmh mn
AlmsA.hT rwAyT"aN
\Anote{\A{btrtyb .s.hy.h} \<
wn.zm mstw"iN wta'lyf .hsn\>
\A{wqwl
\Anote{\A{brhAnY}}{\A{brhAn.}}}}{\A{\R{\it infra in cod.} \R{$\!\!$)}
\A{fA_dA Astw`b} \R{({\it ante}}}}
fmn tmssk bAlAbwAb AltY ArwyhA wslk Al.tryq Al_dY
\Anote{\A{Abnyh}}{\A{Abnth.} \R{)}\A{Abnt} \R{{\it corr. ex}}\R{(}}
  .s.h.h lh Al^gwAb wn^gA mn Al_h.ta' wAmn Alzl|l wshl `lyh m`rfT AlbrhAn.

fAn ArAd AlbrhAn `lY _dlk w`lY mA twlld Al.hsAb mn msA'il AlhndsT
WAlmsA.hT wAl`d|d w.gyr _dlk f`lyh bAln.zr fY ktAb Aqlyds fqd A.hkmh
.gAyT AlA.hkAm wbnAh bAw_tq AlbnyAn  fA_dA Astw`b mA fyh wfhmh fhm"aN
.s.hy.h"aN lA yd_hlh ryb wlA y_htl^gh ^skk wlA y^swbh dns `rf AqAmT
AlbrhAn `lY AlhndsT wAlmsA.hT wAl`d|d w.gyr _dlk mn ^gmy` Alfnwn.\R{\ \
} wlA qwT AllA bAl|llh Al`lYY Al`.zym w.hsb"unA Al|llh wn`m Alwkyl.

\end{arab}

\end{document}

Again it has to do with pstricks. When I comment out pstricks, the line
numbers appear just fine, but when pstricks is loaded, they are moved in
against the side of the text.