[XeTeX] Polyglossia "broken"?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 14:34:41 CEST 2011

2011/9/21 Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>:

> On Sep 21, 2011, at 7:21 AM, VAFA KHALIGHI wrote:
>
>>> It is a bug in polyglossia that xkeyval has to be loaded manually
>>> before polyglossia, because polyglossia has
>>> forgotten \RequirePackage{xkeyval}.
>>>

>> Not really. fontspec used to load xkeyval and polyglossia loaded fontspec so
>> there was no need for polyglossia to load xkeyval again.
>

> Howdy,
>
> It should have been there anyway since I believe \RequirePackage won't load xkeyval again if it's already loaded.

That's right. \RequirePackage and \usepackage maintain internally a
list of already loaded packages. There is one potential problem, you
are not specified a different list of options. Thus if you use
\RequirePackage{something} without any options, it is harmless. If a
user needs "something" with some options, he or she must load it
explicitely with these options in advance.

> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Zdeněk Wagner