[XeTeX] 64.bit XeTex was::Re: Trying to build microtype-aware xetex

Keith J. Schultz keithjschultz at web.de
Fri Sep 2 16:11:56 CEST 2011

O.K. for the slow!

Here a little more of the quote:

> If you want to create new binaries which also run on Tiger you need the MacOSX10.4u.sdk *and* GCC 4.0.1.
	Maybe, not an expert. We would not be compiling for 10.4 anyway. Not even MacTeX 2011 supports 10.4!
	Are you sure you know what you are talking-  er-  writing about!!

The discussion is about getting xetex to use Core Text so that it can be 64-bit, more specifically Lion and up!

Second, to my knowledge Tiger is basically a 32-bit system  (Yes, Yes it could run 64-bit code)
and the TeXLive code base is basically frozen for Tiger. (Yes, Yes it is possible to do upgrades to packages).

Third, I did not want to get into the intrinsics of compiling on the Mac, just if over at MacTeX they use a particular
compiler for their Package, more specifically, TexLive 2011.

Fourth, (of course Peter can not know this) I have had Apples since the FIRST Apple IIe came out and developed
on them.

regards
	Keith.