[XeTeX] [tex-live] Future state of XeTeX in TeXLive

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Oct 29 11:41:48 CEST 2011

Chris Travers wrote:

> I think you are assuming a lot about knowledge of book design.  The
> LaTeX styles out of the box are a bit formal.  I think the margins are
> too wide, and I prefer different fonts....  But I would hardly call
> them "ugly" ...

OK. one quote from my 1993 paper "Book Design for TeX Users, part 1",
and then I shut up and let others debate the point if they wish :

> Knuth, in his closing exhortation, wrote: “GO FORTH now and
> create masterpieces of the publishing art.” Nowhere, so far as I can
> trace, did he write: “and let every one of them shriek ‘TEX’ from every
> page”. . .

http://www.ntg.nl/maps/19/10.pdf
http://www.ntg.nl/maps/19/11.pdf

** Phil.