[XeTeX] TECkit map for Latin alphabet to Unicode IPA

Daniel Greenhoe dgreenhoe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 09:54:35 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Andy Lin <kiryen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did have a map lying around for that. I'll take a look when I get home.

I did start writing and using a simple map here as well. I will attach
the ascii (tipa2uni.map) and binary (tipa2uni.tec) to this email. So
far, it does not completely conform to TIPA 1.3, and it pretty much
just has IPA support for American English.

I would like to take a look at your map if you can find it. I find
that I have a shallow understanding of the ascii map coding syntax.
For example now, if I want to map 'A' to U+0251, I do basically this:
  U+0041 <> U+0251
But I would like to make it more "readable" and maybe do something like this:
  'A' <> U+0251

Dan