[XeTeX] How to manually create the xelatex.fmt?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Oct 18 16:46:42 CEST 2011

Am 18.10.2011 um 15:43 schrieb Chris Travers:

> Given that server software that I work with usually has at least a
> five year support cycle, what are those reasonable limits?

For TeX I'd think in decades. And support in the way TeX understands this term is constant development and constant updating. TeX is alive.

> Or is XeTeX not intended to be used in these environments?

XeTeX is likely to stop in development, maybe before reaching version 1.0, because of the lack of active developers (and because of improving alternatives like LuaTeX). So soon you'll have a software that will last longer than your hardware and won't need updating.

BTW, XeTeX from five years ago was a bit away from perfection and quite a few bugs richer. Particularly the xdvipdfmx convertor was heavily improved.

--
Greetings

  Pete

The best way to accelerate a PC is 9.8 m/s²