[XeTeX] fontspec.sty- xelatex: GUI framework cannot be initialized.

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 12:01:39 CEST 2011

Hello,
** Harish Kumar Holla [2011-10-04 11:02:46 +0530]:

Please, in future, change the message topic when you writing new message.

> Thanks to every one. Problem was with my miktex installation. I re installed
> the same and now XeLaTeX works fine. And it is great with full freedom with
> fonts. Neverthless I have a query with the experts.

> %=========================================
> It seems the xelatex will not accept figures in .pdf format.
Wrong conclusion. Please make small (not) working example that show
described behaviour.

> Also, there is mismatch in fonts of figures and rest of the document,
> if I include figures as .png file.
Not surprisingly, PNG is raster format, but even if you use PDF figures
the size of symbols may be different, but this is another question.

> So I am planning to put .pgf/.tikz files directly as
> \input{myfigure.tikz} . This is the trouble for me. I do not know how to
> control the dimensions of the figure in this case. If I use
> \begin{figure}[h]
> \centerline{\includegraphics[*width=0.575\textwidth*
> ]{wavemechanics-fig/Figures/gammaraymicroscope.pdf}}
> \caption{$\gamma-$ ray microscope} \label{fig:gammaraymicroscope}
> \end{figure}
Don't do that! Please, read carefully l2tabue (search for file
`l2tabue.pdf' or run 'texdoc l2tabue'). Use
\begin{figure}[h]
  \centering
  \includegraphics[width=0.575\textwidth]{wavemechanics-fig/Figures/gammaraymicroscope}
  \caption{\label{fig:gammaraymicroscope}$\gamma$- ray microscope}
\end{figure}
And be sure to use `graphicx' package.
> it is fine. But that won't do the job for \input{gammaraymicroscope.pgf}.
> \begin{figure}[h]
> \centerline{\input{wavemechanics-fig/Figures/gammaraymicroscope.pdf}}
> \caption{$\gamma-$ ray microscope} \label{fig:gammaraymicroscope}
> \end{figure}
> My question is:
> How to specify dimensions of the figure in this case. Please help me.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Uh-oh!!  I'm having TOO MUCH FUN!!