[XeTeX] fontspec.sty- xelatex: GUI framework cannot be initialized.

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Oct 3 11:07:28 CEST 2011

Am Mon, 3 Oct 2011 03:55:21 +0530 schrieb Harish Kumar Holla:

> *("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\tex\latex\fontspec\fontspec.sty"  xelatex:
> GUI framework cannot be initialized.*

> Xelatex failed to create a pdf file.....

> What may be wrong? Please help.
> I use winedt6 (15032011), in windows 7 Home premium (sp 1) and MikTeX 2.9.

Miktex is trying to install a package on-the-fly but the dialog is
blocked (perhaps by your editor). Similar problems have been
reported on the Winedt list last year but as far as I remember Alex
found a solution, so I don't know why it appears again for you.

Things that you can try are:

- Compile once your document from the command line or texworks.
- Use in winedt the windows console instead of the winedt console.
- Set in the miktex settings the on-the-fly dialog from "ask me
first" to "yes".

--
Ulrike Fischer