[XeTeX] Odd hyphenations

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Sun Oct 2 16:32:35 CEST 2011

>                               I have been through the introduction and first
> chapter correcting the mistaken hyphenations by hand.

  Please don't do that, it is a total waste of your own time.  There is
a bug in Polyglossia.  It needs to be fixed, but for the time being it's
enough if you add the following two lines just before the start of the
English text:

	\lefthyphenmin=2
	\righthyphenmin=3

  That will prevent XeTeX from trying to hyphenate after the first character
of words, and before the last two characters.

	Arthur