[XeTeX] Polyglossia "broken"?

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 19:23:12 CEST 2011

I know this isn't the Right Procedure, but I've knocked up a polyglossia.dtx
with the \RequirePackage{xkeyval} statement in it, and with updated date and
version (1.2.0b).

Running

  xelatex polyglossia.ins

generates all the right bits and pieces.  I'm not providing an updated
polyglossia.pdf because I don't have all the necessary fonts on my system.

If anyone knows how to work git (I use it so rarely that I always have to
start from scratch) then feel free to add this to the git hub.  If anyone
wishes to package this for CTAN, please do so.

Yup, in short, a bit of a kludge.  But if you put this in your local or home
tex directory, and rebuild your hash tables (sudo mktexlsr), then at least
you can compile your documents.

When a new polyglossia makes it into CTAN and TeXlive, we can all relax and
go legal.  Meanwhile, some may get help from this.

Best,
Dominik