[XeTeX] centering layout with geometry package

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 16:10:02 CET 2011

2011/11/25 Susan Dittmar <Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de>:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> I had a glance at the current geometry documentation. Unfortunately, to me it
> looks like what you want is not implemented.
>
>> > Quoting Daniel Greenhoe (dgreenhoe at gmail.com):

> There seems to be no way of asking for a centered layout area on the
> physical page. Looks like you do have to set layouthoffset and
> layoutvoffset manually.
>
> Still my remark concerning having both "centering" and "margin=10mm" in the
> options list holds true. They affect the same internal values, one
> overwriting the other.

You can try zwpagelayout. I wrote it because geometry can do the
things that I do not need and cannot (or could not) do what I need
every day. Versions 1.3 has just been released on CTAN, it will soon
appear in TeX Live. The previous versions had problems with the
ifxetex package, thus it was necessary to load fontspec after
awpagelayout. The problem is fixed in 1.3.

> Hope that helps, at least a bit,
>
>        Susan

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/