[XeTeX] centering using geometry package

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 13:51:14 CET 2011

2011/11/20 Axel E. Retif <axel.retif at mac.com>:
> On 11/20/2011 03:50 AM, Daniel Greenhoe wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Axel E. Retif<axel.retif at mac.com>  wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> ...use the crop package ...
>>
>> I like this idea and did try it on the real cover design. However, I
>> seem to be having some problems. With time, I'm sure they could be
>> solved. But for right now, I am just out of time. I may visit this
>> again sometime in the future however. It would be nice to have "cam"
>> crop marks on there even when sending it to a print shop (even though
>> they probably wouldn't use them).
>
> My guess is they *would* use them. It's always a good idea to bleed about a
> pica per side your cover image, in order to avoid a random nasty thin white
> line in some final works after trimming.
>
> That's where crop marks come handy ---they indicate the intended trimmed
> size; the rest of the image in, then, the bleed.

My zwpagelayout can do both crop marks as well as set page layout,
show frames, se MediaBox, BleedBox and TrimBox in PDF. Unfortunately I
cannot make black overprint work with xdvipdfmx but I will try. A new
version is going to be released very soon (conflicts with ifxetex
[used eg by fontspec] and fancyhdr were fixed).

> Best
>
> Axel

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/