[XeTeX] centering using geometry package

Kevin Godby godbyk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 08:48:01 CET 2011

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 10:39 PM, Daniel Greenhoe <dgreenhoe at gmail.com> wrote:
> But one thing that concerns me is that there
> is an extra vertical line that appears about 2.5mm to the right of the
> text body frame box. Can somebody tell me, what is that line? Can I
> eliminate it somehow? Here is a somewhat minimal example:

The vertical line on the far right is showing where the marginpar area
starts.  That vertical line is the left margin of the \marginpars.
The distance between the right edge of your box and that vertical line
is \marginparsep.  The width of the marginpar area (i.e., the width of
the margin notes) is \marginparwidth.

You won't need to worry about either of those values as long as you're
not using \marginpars on that page.

--Kevin Godby