[XeTeX]   in XeTeX

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 15:16:07 CET 2011

2011/11/14 Keith J. Schultz <keithjschultz at web.de>:
> Well, Zdenek,
>
> I guess that is where TeXWorks comes to mind. It could give a unified
> GUI for TeX with unicode.

Does it mean I will be forced to use TeXWorks and nothing else? And
will it work over telnet or ssh without graphics? I have other unicode
capable editors if proper fonts are installed but none of them
displays nonbreakable space in a way clearly distinguishable from
normal space.

> regards
>        Keith.
>
> Am 14.11.2011 um 11:38 schrieb Zdenek Wagner:
>
>> You live in a perfect world where you can do everything with a single
>> editor using nice GUI. The world is not yet that perfect. How do I use
>> color when aditing a file using ssh and colorless terminal? What is
>> the Unicode standard color of NBSP? I do not edit files just on my
>> computer, I have to support customers, I have to cooperate with
>> colleagues. they use different platforms, different editors. If they
>> all use TeX, I know that ~ denotes nonbreakable space. What is a
>> world-wide platform independent and color independent visible
>> representation of a nonbreakable space that is clearly distinct from a
>> normal space?

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz