[XeTeX] Wacky behavior of XeLaTeX in TeXLive 2011

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 7 15:21:11 CET 2011

Am 07.11.2011 um 13:54 schrieb Alessandro Ceschini:

> That too is new for me, it's a fake error since Greek letters are correctly displayed and Tinos DOES contain Greek letters. So, what's wrong with fontspec?

The existence of (some) Greek letters does not preclude the font's support for that script/language – or I would be able to speak and read Greek because I know the letters. The fontspec manual has a bit of explanation (and the XeTeX distribution has test sheets, AAT-info.tex, OpenType-info.tex, which check a font's features support), more can be found on the OTF documentation site at MS.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Almost anything is easier to get into than out of.
				– Allen's Law