[XeTeX] Wacky behavior of XeLaTeX in TeXLive 2011

Vafa Khalighi vafaklg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:14:33 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Alessandro Ceschini <
alessandroceschini.it at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> To Vafa:
> Wait, there exists a Liberation Serif Italic, just look in your
> \usr\share\fonts directory, it's not normal to get such an error, and no, I
> didn't get it back in TexLive 2010.

Right. There is an italic version there. I am not sure what kind of font,
fontspec expects to load when using slanted shape. I thought it would use
Italic if slanted shape does not exist.

How about:

\setmainfont[SlantedFont={Liberation Serif Italic}]{Liberation Serif}

> Have you also noticed something like this in your output console?

> * fontspec warning: "script-not-exist"
>
> *
>
> * Font 'Tinos' does not contain script 'Greek'.

> That too is new for me, it's a fake error since Greek letters are
> correctly displayed and Tinos DOES contain Greek letters. So, what's wrong
> with fontspec?

I do not get that with Liberation serif but I believe that is a fontspec
bug.