[XeTeX] Wacky behavior of XeLaTeX in TeXLive 2011

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 10:40:30 CET 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 16:01, Alessandro Ceschini wrote:
> Le 31/10/2011 19:47, Alessandro Ceschini a écrit :
>
> Hi
>
> My problem is kind of complicated:
>
> 1. After processing a XeLaTeX source file the yellow lines the
> cross-reference between pdf and source file and vice versa is completely
> broken.
> 2. This happens after I updated to Ubuntu 11.10, TexLive 2011 and texWorks
> 0.5, previously I was using Ubuntu 11.04, TexLive 2010 and texWorks
> something before 0.5.
> 3. I don't know if this has something to do with that, but I also get fake
> fontspec errors, I mean I don't see any problem in the output, even though,
> according to the output panel, there should be some.
>
> At first I thought this had something to do with TeXWorks:
> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=550#makechanges but then
> they told me the SyncTeX code is to be blamed for that.
>
> Greetings
>
> --
> Alessandro Ceschini
>
> Hello
>
> So, am I the only one down here to have experienced problems with TeXLive
> and XeLaTeX after having updated to TexLive 2011?

No, probably you are not. There are known problems that have been
fixed in branch 2011:
    http://tug.org/svn/texlive/branches/branch2011/
    http://tug.org/svn/texlive/branches/branch2011/Build/source/README.branch2011?revision=24461&view=markup

But Ubuntu probably just took the released version and not the branch
with fixes. Also, unless I'm mistaken, I'm not aware of official TL
distribution shipping patched binaries either and I don't exactly
understand why since the mechanism to ship new binaries is in place.

Mojca