[XeTeX] [tex-live] XeTeX/TeX Live : Setting the default language

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Nov 3 19:21:10 CET 2011

Khaled Hosny wrote:

> Even simpler (assuming the pattern is loaded in the format):
>
> \input knuth
> \uselanguage{british} % or ukenglish or UKenglish, all synonyms
> \input knuth
> \bye
>
> Works for all etex based engines.

Excellent, thank you Khaled.  Of course, it took me
a minute or two to discover that \input Knuth was
pulling in some sample text and not the definition
of \uselanguage !  And, sadly, "British" is not
a synonym of "british", even though I can think of
no context in which it would ever be spelled with
a lower-case "b" ...

** Phil.