[XeTeX] [Pgf-users] xelatex doesn't support 'patterns'

milksea milksea at 163.com
Sun May 22 04:35:51 CEST 2011

However, dvipdfmx (not dvipdfm) has no such restrictions. The author of dvipdfmx Jin-Hwan Cho wrote a proper pgfsys-dvipdfmx.def to support many features.
XeTeX uses xdvipdfmx, it is based on dvipdfmx. But there're still some differences. I tried to use

    \def\pgfsysdriver{pgfsys-dvipdfmx.def}

compiled with XeTeX, but there're still some errors. We need a new pgfsys-xetex.def to support patterns, fading, etc.