[XeTeX] xelatex and table of contents

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Tue May 10 23:32:34 CEST 2011

Hi Francois,

On 11/05/2011, at 7:18 AM, François Patte wrote:

> Bonsoir,
>
> I am using xelatex with linux libertine fonts and everything seems OK.
>
> Today, I added at the the end of the document:
>
> \tableofcontents
>
> And, in the table of contents,  every letters with a diacritical mark
> used in \chapter \section ... commands have desappeared! (They are
> correctly displayed in the chapter, section... titles)
>
> The title of the table of contents only is ok:
>
> Table des matières
>
> What happened?

Which font is being used in the ToC ?
Are you sure it is Linux Libertine, with all the same
settings as in the body of your document?

Also, have a look inside the .toc file.
Is it perfectly readable, or is there extra expanded primitives,
related to how the diacritical marks are constructed?

Are there any messages in the .log file that might be related?

Some explicit files, and a PDF, would help.

> Thanks for helping.
>
> - --
> François Patte

Hope this helps,