[XeTeX] Test for font presence

Ron Aaron ron at ronware.org
Tue May 10 07:30:46 CEST 2011

Thanks.

I see someone did something like what I'm suggesting.  I'm intrigued by
the 'fc-list' solution, as it would be much faster in the event the font
did not exist.

On a somewhat related note: is there a simple way to make xdvipdfmx look
for fonts in exactly the same manner as xetex?   I have encountered
numerous times where having the same font in different places causes
problems with the output file.  At the moment, the only solution I know
of is to ensure there is only one copy of a font on the system.  That is
ok, except when (for example) Ubuntu doesn't update the font file and
there is a reason you want the newer font ...

Best regards,
Ron