[XeTeX] Character Variants

Andy Lin kiryen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 06:19:25 CEST 2011

Oh, actually, I just checked genzi.sty and it has the solution you
need. The author did in fact add support for variant glyphs (he even
mentions it on his website, though it isn't documented very well).

With genzi.sty loaded, try
\itz[0]{辻} % should be the default
\itz[1]{辻} % should be the variant

You can select any variant the font offers, just change the number in
the optional argument.

There is another command \kmz, which has the same syntax, except it
selects the annotation form (if it exists in the font).

HTH
-Andy