[XeTeX] Bangla font question

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Fri Mar 25 16:45:29 CET 2011

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:16:39 -0400, maxwell <maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu>
wrote:
> I have to admit that this was done with the TeXLive 2009 version of
xetex.
> I need to get the 2010 version installed...

I am now the proud runner of the 2010 version.  (Don't laugh, it's only
2011!)  And I can confirm that the same problem exists, namely that the
vowel signs which are supposed to jump over a single consonant to their
left incorrectly jump over two consonants to their left, in three different
fonts.  All three fonts render the vowel signs correctly in MsWord 2007.

I guess the next step is to report this as a bug, here:
   http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=194926

   Mike Maxwell