[XeTeX] hypertext index

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Mar 9 03:28:42 CET 2011

On 3/8/2011 9:01 PM, Alan Munn wrote:
> On Mar 8, 2011, at 8:42 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>> On Mar 8, 2011, at 6:49 PM, houda araj wrote:
>>> ... Is it possible to construct an hypertext index using latex or
>>> xelatex ? Any information on the subject is appreciated. Many
>>> thanks Houda
>>
>> Howdy, I think if you include the hyperref package
>> (\usepackage{hyperref}) that just happens. Put it as the last
>> package loaded.
>
> Not really with xelatex. For that you need xindy, but it has problems
> with hyperref.

Umm, we've been using hyperref (without xindy) in xelatex and are
getting plenty of hyperlinks in our PDF, including to external websites.
  At least I assume hyperref is what's giving us the hyperlinks.  Isn't
that what it's supposed to do?
--
	Mike Maxwell
	maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
	"My definition of an interesting universe is
	one that has the capacity to study itself."
         --Stephen Eastmond