[XeTeX] Contextual Ligature Problems with OT Tamil Font Converted to AAT

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Jun 19 15:44:46 CEST 2011

Am 19.06.2011 um 15:14 schrieb Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd):

> Yes, but your mail will be read by others (such as myself)
> who are unaware of either of these facts, and will then be
> misled into believing that it should work in their platform.

The term "AAT" stands for "Apple Advanced Typography". The term is
also used in the fontspec manual. And it appears in many files of the
TeX distribution.

You shouldn't blame me or others (you not included). But look into
Wikipedia or some other source of wisdom and information. I am also
sure that some simple facts can be learned. Like that it's bright when
it's day and that it's dark when it's night. (At least on Earth.) Put
into other words: I know where AAT, ICU, and Graphite belong to or
come from and don't spend further thinking on this, it is to me as
common as day and night are to most people. And since this is no
hermetism or esotericism I use them in the same way as the ideas of
day and night and some million other things.

> /Please/, when making platform-specific statements, make
> this obvious in the message; it will save a great deal
> of grief and misunderstandings in the long run.

I did not make platform specific statements, I made software, font,
and font renderer specific statements.

Does Graphite work on any platform? Why don't you complain here as well?

Would it work to extend netiquette of this list to mention in the
subject that the reported problem is specific to some OS so that
recipients can put those OS words into their kill files?

--
Greetings

   Pete

 From error to error, one discovers the entire truth.