[XeTeX] Roman Numerals as stylistic alternatives

Tobias Schoel liesdiedatei at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 19 12:27:21 CEST 2011

Hi,

if I understand correctly, that way the output still shows the letters
or the deprecated unicode codepoints. It should be analog to medieval /
lowercase numbers. E.g. it's still the number 123 it only uses different
glyphs. So when I copypaste it, it shows the number 123 and not cxxiii.

This could be a very complex procedure, if applied to arbitrary numbers,
but most times it can be reduced to low numbers.

Another idea:

the macro \roman{counter} does the complicated part of the job. Could
one use the result of that macro (letters) and transform them to the
desired output?

bye

Toscho