[XeTeX] Package conflict

Nathan Camillo Sidoli sidoli at aoni.waseda.jp
Sat Jun 11 14:28:58 CEST 2011

There seems to be a conflict with the loading order of packages mathspec
and arabxetex, which both require amsmath.

The mathspec package will ask for amsmath to be loaded first, but the
arabxetex will load amsmath because it needs the \overline macro.

The mathspec package must be loaded first, because it will call in
fontspec, which must be loaded before arabxetex.

If arabxetex is loaded after mathspec, however, irregardless of whether
or not amsmath is loaded, I get the following error:

----

(/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/arabxetex/arabxetex.sty

! Package mathspec Error: `amsmath' must be loaded earlier than `mathspec'.

See the mathspec package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.42 \RequirePackage{amsmath}
                              %because of macro \overline used in \aemph
?

----

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? (I'm using an up-to-date TeX
Live 2010 distribution.)

Thanks,

Nathan

PS: My apologies if this is a double posting.