[XeTeX] Quotation marks

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 14:19:46 CEST 2011

If I remember correctly, I thought that there is in fact a \quote-command or something similar in latex which will produce the correct quotation marks for the currently active language. I remember that we had a lengthy discussion about that once on the Dutch latex list, but I forgot the details (and I am too lazy to go look for it ;-)) )

In this way, in French you would get guillemots, in US-English something like `` foo ", in Dutch ,, foo ", and in other languages other appropriate signs.

Cheers,
Wilfred