[XeTeX] Greek (and other Unicode) letters in math mode

Ulrik Vieth ulrik.vieth at arcor.de
Wed Jun 1 01:16:08 CEST 2011

On 05/31/2011 09:45 PM, George N. White III wrote:

> There is a beta-test Latin Modern Math font in the ConTeXt minimals
 > that can also be used with lualatex or xelatex. I assume it lacks the
> variations for different design sizes, but does look similar to cmr.

Yes, you are right. There is a beta-test Latin Modern Math OpenType,
but I'm not sure if it is really supposed to be out there already.
It was my understanding at BachoTeX that Jacko didn't actually want
to have this version widely distributed (at least not yet).

Anyway, we are making progress (slowly, one by one) towards having
more choices of OpenType math fonts available.

Generally available:
* Cambria Math	-> MS / Tiro Typeworks (Ross Mills)
* Asasna Math	-> CTAN (A.S.)
* XITS Math	-> CTAN

Under development:
* Neo Euler	-> GitHub
* Latin Modern Math -> GUST
* Lucida Math	-> TUG / B&H (non-free)
* Maxwell Math	-> Tiro Typeworks (Ross Mills)

Planned:
* Libertine Math
* Minion Math	-> typoma (non-free)

Looks like we will eventually be getting somewhere (when everything
is finished and ready for release).

Regards, Ulrik

P.S: Some references:

Latin Modern Presentation + Sampler (from BachoTeX):
http://www.gust.org.pl/bachotex/2011-en/presentations/JackowskiB_1a_2011
http://www.gust.org.pl/bachotex/2011-en/presentations/JackowskiB_1b_2011

Lucida Math Presentation (from BachoTeX):
http://www.gust.org.pl/bachotex/2011-en/presentations/JackowskiB_1b_2011

Maxwell Math Sampler (Tiro Typeworks):
http://www.tiro.com/Maxwell/Maxwell_beta_1.5_spec.pdf