[XeTeX] crop and marginnote clash

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Jul 25 14:32:07 CEST 2011

Am Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:52:11 +0200 schrieb Florian Grammel:

> The combination of XeTex, marginnote and crop doesn't work properly:
>
> \documentclass[a6paper]{scrbook}
>
> \usepackage[frame,center,a4]{crop}
> \usepackage{marginnote}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> Quisque \marginnote{mnote}facilisis erat a dui.
> Suspendisse \marginpar{mpar} sagittis ante a urna.
>
> \end{document}
>

> According to Markus Kohm this is due to XeTex writing different
> positions for \pdfsavepos, \pdflastxpos,\pdflastypos than pdfTeX,
> when \hoffset and \voffset are changed, as crop does.

> but I'd like to hear, whether anybody could think of a workaround
> or whether this might be a trivial bug, that could be fixed soon.
> I don't mean to "jump the line", but it would be good to know
> whether I can use marginnote in the project I'm working on now.

As far as I can see marginnote use only \pdflastxpos, and here it
seems to work if you replace in (a local version of) marginnote in
line 191 "\noexpand\number\pdflastxpos" by
"\noexpand\the\noexpand\numexpr\noexpand\number\pdflastxpos
-\noexpand\number\hoffset\relax"

But I have no idea how XeTeX calculates the vertical values
(\pdflastypos), and also the values at the lower left are odd:
instead of \hoffset, -\voffset they seem to be 2*\hoffset and
-2\voffset.

--
Ulrike Fischer