[XeTeX] crop and marginnote clash

Florian Grammel grammel at gmx.net
Mon Jul 25 12:52:11 CEST 2011

The combination of XeTex, marginnote and crop doesn't work properly:

\documentclass[a6paper]{scrbook}

\usepackage[frame,center,a4]{crop}
\usepackage{marginnote}

\begin{document}

Quisque \marginnote{mnote}facilisis erat a dui.
Suspendisse \marginpar{mpar} sagittis ante a urna.

\end{document}

According to Markus Kohm this is due to XeTex writing different positions for \pdfsavepos, \pdflastxpos,\pdflastypos than pdfTeX, when \hoffset and \voffset are changed, as crop does.

I've submitted a bug-report on
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3374118&group_id=194926&atid=951385

but I'd like to hear, whether anybody could think of a workaround or whether this might be a trivial bug, that could be fixed soon. I don't mean to "jump the line", but it would be good to know whether I can use marginnote in the project I'm working on now.

Best regards
Florian

Florian Grammel

Gentofte, Denmark