[XeTeX] epsdice package.

Michael Joyner mjoyner at vbservices.net
Sat Jul 16 23:32:04 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:

> Am 16.07.2011 um 18:04 schrieb Michael Joyner:
>

>  Am 16.07.2011 um 09:38 schrieb Michael Joyner:
>>>
>>>  As a sort of an aside (could tie into this) Is there a way to specify a
>>>>
>>> current

>>> The results of finding in some other font the character would not satisfy
>>> the user in every case.
>>>

>> I fail to understand the reasoning for this statement.
>>
>> How would being able to specify a fallback font when a glyph is missing be
>> such a negative?
>>
>> I am sure you don't intend that NO GLYPH is better rather than allowing
>> the
>> end-user being able to specify at least a basic fallback set of glyphs?
>>

> Partial misunderstanding – as in "ᏍᎪᎯ: Skoh-Hee". Does the last syllable
> sound like "hay" (or some other form of money) or different, like in German
> for example?

More like the English pronoun 'he'

> I assumed you were thinking of an automatic means as it exists in Mac OS
> X's font service or in GNU Emacs. Their results are not always satisfying.
> In XeTeX you simply make that character active, i.e. kind of a TeX command,
> and use just it:
>
>        \newfontfamily\ogonekfont{good looking font}
>
>        \catcode`ǫ=\active
>        \defǫ{\ogonekfont o\char"0328\relax}
>
> The \def looks simpler when you do not need to combine. Then you can also
> abandon the \relax. (In the XeTeX mailing list archive you can find a
> hundred of examples: http://www.tug.org/pipermail/**xetex/<http://www.tug.org/pipermail/xetex/>
> .)
>
> --

Eh? How would one leverage that to handle my font defines of (below) for
only a fixed range of unicode?

(The Unicode block for Cherokee is U+13A0 ... U+13FF)

\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text,

Scale=MatchLowercase,

BoldFont={Aboriginal Serif/B},

BoldFeatures={Scale=MatchLowercase},

ItalicFont={*},

ItalicFeatures={Scale=MatchLowercase,FakeSlant=0.3},

BoldItalicFont={Aboriginal Serif/BI},

BoldItalicFeatures={Scale=MatchLowercase},

SmallCapsFont={*},

SmallCapsFeatures={Scale=MatchLowercase,FakeBold=4}]{Digohweli}%

\setsansfont[Mapping=tex-text,

Scale=MatchLowercase]{Aboriginal Sans}%

\setmonofont[Mapping=tex-text,

Scale=1.0,