[XeTeX] \hyphenation{} and combining diacritics

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 9 00:37:12 CEST 2011

On 8 Jul 2011, at 23:24, maxwell wrote:

> I found \XeTeXinputnormalization in XeTeX documentation, but I'm not
> familiar with the other two commands.  I guess \tracingonline=1 means to
> output errors to stdout (or stderr?), but where is the effect of
> \tracinglostchars described?

See The TeXbook, p301: "There is also \tracinglostchars, which (if positive) causes TeX to record each time a character has been dropped because it does not appear in the current font; ..."

(And yes, \tracingonline=1 means you'll get those messages in the terminal, not only the .log file. That's also a standard TeX parameter, documented in The TeXbook.)