[XeTeX] \hyphenation{} and combining diacritics

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 23:13:41 CEST 2011

Unicode normalization was discussed on this list a couple of months ago.
Phil Taylor provided a small program to do the job, and other utilities were
referred to.  There's also a command within XeTeX  that normalizes unicode
before passing it to TeX's digestion.  Try this in your header:

% Normalize any residual Unicode combining accents,
% and write out error messages, if any:
\XeTeXinputnormalization=1
\tracinglostchars=1
\tracingonline=1