[XeTeX] Isomath, Mathspec and Siunitx

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Jul 5 14:51:47 CEST 2011

Am Tue, 05 Jul 2011 13:55:11 +0200 schrieb
le.farfadet.spatial at free.fr:

>> Why don't you do it?
>
> Well, because then I do not know how to obtain bold italic font in mathematical
> environment, and because I am loosing Greek symbols.
>
>    Actually, I am not more found about one package or another. The reason I have
> started to use Isomath is Bm does not work properly with Mathspec. For now on,
> what I want is to be able to obtain bold italic font in mathematical
> environments, including bold italic font for Greek symbols, with XeLaTeX, if
> possible in a way that is compatible with LuaLaTeX.

The main problem is that (at least my version of) the libertine
fonts don't have a bold italic greek symbols. If the glyph would be
in the font than this would work (^^^^03c4 is the ascii notation of
the small tau):

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{mathspec}
\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Linux Libertine O}
\setmathfont(Digits,Latin,Greek){Linux Libertine O}
%
\makeatletter
\normalfont
\DeclareMathAlphabet{\mathbfit}{\zf at enc}{\zf at family}{bx}{it}
\makeatother

\begin{document}
^^^^03c4 \itshape ^^^^03c4 \bfseries ^^^^03c4 \upshape ^^^^03c4

$^^^^03c4 \mathbfit{abcABC^^^^03c4}$
\end{document}

The second problem is that as soon as you use
\usepackage[math]{mathspec} together with \setmathfont you get a lot
of errors like
! LaTeX Error: Command `\Gamma' already defined.

At my opinion mathspec should sort this out.

--
Ulrike Fischer