[XeTeX] Isomath, Mathspec and Siunitx

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Jul 5 12:13:18 CEST 2011

Am Tue, 05 Jul 2011 12:00:17 +0200 schrieb
le.farfadet.spatial at free.fr:

> I have tried it and I have then actually obtained Linux Libertine bold italic
> font in mathematical environment. But, I have then lost Greek symbols. If I am
> using "\setmathsfont(Digits,Latin,Greek)[Numbers={Lining, Proportional}]{Linux
> Libertine O}", then I obtain an error message:
>
>       ! LaTeX Error: Command `\Gamma' already defined.
>
> Obviously, this is about redefining "\Gamma" macro. Of course "\setmathfont"
> needs to redefine it, the question is which other package does too? Isomath, I
> guess.
>
>    Anyway, I would rather being able to use unicode-math.

Why don't you do it?

But as the docu of isomath says:

"unicode-math cannot be used together with isomath. It can, however,
replace all of isomath’s functionality. See the discussion of the
unicode-math package below."

So if you want to try unicode-math remove isomath (and other
packages that changes math setup).

Setting up the math fonts are not easy as a lot of symbols and fonts
are involved. The differences between the engines (8-bit like
pdflatex <-> xelatex, lualatex) are here also more pronounced.
Mixing 8-bit-math packages with unicode math packages can get quite
complicated.

--
Ulrike Fischer