[XeTeX] Accessing ligatures from FontForge

Andy Lin kiryen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 08:11:20 CET 2011

I agree, it's not a good solution. I've seen it break small caps (so
\textsc{first} yields fiRST, where RST is small caps, but fi is the
lowercase ligature), and do other strange things. It is, however, a
relatively painless way to enable such ligatures in TrueType fonts or
OpenType fonts that don't have a liga feature for the roman alphabet
but have the glyph (Most Windows fonts from before Vista/7 are like
this).