[XeTeX] XeTeX, fontspec, OTF, and fontdimens

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 20 19:28:56 CET 2011

On 20 Feb 2011, at 18:17, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> OK, checking FF code, there is an isFixedPitch entry in 'post' and 'CFF'
> tables that should be non-zero in monospaced fonts, so we just need
> someone to come with a patch to make use of that :)

Yes, that would be a possibility - though it's worth noting that this flag is not very reliable. There are fixed-width fonts around that don't have it set, and I wouldn't be surprised if the reverse is also true. So it'll still be important to have the ability to override this when loading the font.