[XeTeX] Multiple \marks

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 16 08:42:29 CET 2011

Hello

I've used multiple \marks in a few jobs where there are several varying elements that need to go into the running headlines (\marks 1, \marks 2, etc., instead of plain TeX's single \mark).  For some reason I got it into my head that this was part of Eplain, but I've just discovered (from Oleg) that it isn't.  I certainly have these available in plain XeTeX (where it seems they are simply loaded and available by default), but since an issue has come up (essentially a conflict with Edmac) I'd quite like a word with whoever invented multiple \marks.  Can anyone advise?  ('Multiple marks' or 'multiple \marks' is hopeless on Google!)

Many thanks.

John